Dear Immanuel Congregation,
Church council met last night with key members of the Immanuel family to come up with a plan on how to best deal with this closure of our church. This communication will only point out the highlights of last night’s meeting. Please stay tuned for more detailed communications in the future.
- HOW TO GET HELP! (Financial, Emotional, Spiritual or Physical)
o Send an email to ILC.Office@ourimmanuel.org with the word ‘Help’ in the subject line. In the body of the email you can outline what help you need to simply say please call me. You will be contacted, and we’ll find out how we can help.
- HOW TO GIVE HELP! (Financial, Emotional, Spiritual or Physical)
o Financial – We are setting up a ‘Help your Neighbor’ fund through Simply Giving. You can give there, or you can designate through you offering.
o Emotional – Please look out for your friends! Do not socially distance yourself from people who may need you. Pick up the phone and reach out.
o Spiritual – Pray. Pray for those who are losing their jobs, who are on the front lines of this virus and for those who are in fear.
o Physical – Can you get groceries for someone? Do you have time to help an elderly person get to a doctor appointment? If so, please volunteer your time on our new Facebook group, ILC-Bellevue NE. This new private group is a great way to connect people together who have needs and can help.
- The church facility will be closed as of March 19 @ 3pm. Staff will be working in modified shifts and schedules, including working from home, until the church is reopened. With this closure the following will occur immediately:
o There will NOT be an April newsletter
o The facility is closed to all external groups including AA and Al-Anon
o The facility is closed to our cleaning company
- Council will meet again on March 31 to reevaluate when we may be able to reopen. We anticipate being closed at least until April 2, 2020.
- For those who normally tithe via offering envelopes please know that you can still mail your tithe to the church. Mail will be checked and collected daily. Our Financial Secretary, Treasurer and Book keeper will be working with council closely and will continue to monitor our financial situation.
- Notifications will come primarily from three sources. If you know of people who do not have access to these please help in notifying them of critical information.
- In situations such as this it is better to over notify rather than under notify. Please expect to receive up to 3 emails a week.
o Monday – Weekend news and looking ahead
o Mid-Week – Focus on faith formation
o Friday – Preparing for worship
- Immanuel is working to immediately get streaming of worship available as soon as possible. The plan is to have something uploaded to our website and Facebook by Saturday evening.
- We will be posting blogging daily on our website and will be adding congregational news and inspirational items.
Please call me if you have questions or concerns, my number is in the directory. Thank you and God bless us all.